- Founded on November 1, 1901, at Richmond College.
- Over the past two decades, SigEp has recruited more men than any other collegiate fraternity. Currently, over 15,000 undergraduates are members, making SigEp the largest national fraternity.
- Maintains the highest first-year member retention rate, over 90%, of any national fraternity.
- More than 280,000 lifetime members rank SigEp in the top four among national fraternities.
- Governed by the Grand Chapter, which is composed of undergraduate delegates from each chapter, District Governors, and the National Board of Directors.
- Maintains a full-time professional staff of over 35 people.
- Publishes a magazine, The Journal of Sigma Phi Epsilon, which is distributed to all members for life.